World Hereford Conference 2012
All videos can be found below, along with a PDF of the speakers powerpoint presentation, or you can view them in a larger resolution on YouTube by clicking here.
World Hereford Technical Conference Opening Ceremonies
Robert Meijer: President, Canada Beef, Inc. Former Director of Corporate Affairs, Cargill Ltd.
• Review and Forecast of Beef Industry Trends on a Global Basis
Dr. Steve Miller: Director, Centre for the Genetic Improvement of Livestock, University of Guelph.
• Improving Beef Tenderness and Consumer Satisfaction Through
Dr. Dorian Garrick: Jay Lush Endowed Chair in Animal Breeding and Genetics, Iowa State University.
• Genomic Prediction in Hereford Cattle
Dr. Dave Daley: Professor of Animal Science; Associate Dean, College of Agriculture, California State University, Chico.
• Understanding Heterosis and the Value of Hereford Cattle
Dr. Robert Weaber: Assistant Professor, Beef Breeding & Genetics; Cow-Calf Extension Specialist, Kansas State University.
• Economics of Docility in Beef Cattle
Dr. John Basarab: Senior Research Scientist, Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development; Adjunct Professor, University of Alberta
• Feed Efficiency in Beef Cattle
Stan Jacobs: Cow Boss, Douglas Lake Ranch
• Hereford Breed Strengths – Cow-Calf Production
Dr. Kee Jim: Founding partner, CEO and Managing Director, Feedlot Health Management Services Ltd.
• Feed Efficiency in Hereford Cattle